Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Current Court Information:|
|3rd Circuit Court, Michigan|
|Past position:||Judge, Detroit Recorder's Court|
|Undergraduate:||Michigan State University, 1974|
|Law School:||University of Detroit, 1977|
|Candidate for:||3rd Circuit Court|
|Election information 2014:|
John H. Gillis, Jr. is a judge of the 3rd Circuit Court in Wayne County, Michigan. He was elected to the bench in 1985, serving first on the Recorder's Court of Detroit (which was merged with the 3rd Circuit Court in 1997). He was most recently re-elected in 2008 to a 6 year term that ends on January 1, 2015. He is running for re-election to the 3rd Circuit Court in 2014.
- See also: Michigan judicial elections, 2014
| Gillis is running for re-election to the 3rd Circuit Court.
General: He will be unopposed in the general election on November 4, 2014.
Gillis began his career in 1978 as a private practice lawyer. He then served on the Recorder's Court from 1981 to 1984. He became a judge of that court in 1985.
- Michigan Secretary of State, "2008 Election Results: 3rd Circuit Court Incumbents"
- Detroit Metro Bar Association, "Judge Gillis biography"
- Michigan Secretary of State, "2014 Official Michigan Primary Candidate Listing," accessed July 9, 2014
- Martindale.com, "John H. Gillis, Jr. - Lawyer Profile," accessed July 11, 2014