Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Current Court Information:|
|3rd Circuit Court, Michigan|
|Past position:||Judge, Detroit Recorder's Court|
|Undergraduate:||Michigan State University, 1974|
|Law School:||University of Detroit, 1977|
|Candidate for:||3rd Circuit Court|
|Election information 2014:|
John H. Gillis, Jr. is a judge of the 3rd Circuit Court in Wayne County, Michigan. He was elected to the bench in 1985, serving first on the Recorder's Court of Detroit (which was merged with the 3rd Circuit Court in 1997). He was re-elected in 2008 to a six-year term ending on January 1, 2015. Gillis was most recently re-elected unopposed on November 4, 2014, for another six-year term commencing on January 1, 2015, and expiring on December 31, 2020.
- See also: Michigan judicial elections, 2014
| Gillis ran for re-election to the 3rd Circuit Court.
General: He was unopposed in the general election on November 4, 2014.
Gillis began his career in 1978 as a private practice lawyer. He then served on the Recorder's Court from 1981 to 1984. He then served as a judge of that court from 1985 until it merged with the 3rd Circuit Court in 1997.
- Michigan Courts, "Trial Court Directory: Wayne County"
- Third Judicial Circuit of Michigan, "Circuit Court Judges"
- Michigan Secretary of State, "2008 Election Results: 3rd Circuit Court Incumbents," accessed December 5, 2014
- Detroit Metro Bar Association, "Judge Gillis biography" (dead link)
- Michigan Secretary of State, "2014 Official Michigan Primary Candidate Listing," accessed July 9, 2014
- Martindale.com, "John H. Gillis, Jr. - Lawyer Profile," accessed July 11, 2014