This page is about the Arizona Superior Court judge. If you are looking for the page about the U.S. District Judge for the Eastern District of Texas, see John H. Hannah.
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Current Court Information:|
|Maricopa County Superior Court, Arizona|
|Title: || Judge|
|Position: || Family Division|
|Active: || 2005-2016|
|Past position: || Attorney, private practice|
|Past term: || 1998-2006|
|Undergraduate: || Pomona College, 1980|
|Law School: || University of Arizona College of Law, 1984|
|Candidate for: ||Maricopa County Superior Court|
|Election information 2012:|
|Election date: ||November 6, 2012|
|Retention vote: ||323,611|
|Retention vote %: ||55.54% |
John Hannah is a criminal court judge (Phoenix Division) for the Maricopa County Superior Court in Arizona.
Hannah received his undergraduate degree from Pomona College in 1980 and his J.D. from the University of Arizona College of Law in 1984. 
- 2005-2016: Judge, Maricopa County Superior Court
- 1998-2006: Attorney, private practice
- 1991-1998: Assistant Federal Public Defender, U.S. Public Defenders Office in Phoenix
- 1989-1991: Staff Attorney, Arizona Capital Representation Project
- 1985-1989: Attorney, private practice 
Awards and Associations
- Past chair, Arizona State Bar Committee on the Rules of Professional Conduct
- Former adjunct professor of law, University of Arizona and Arizona State University 
Hannah was retained with 55.54% of the vote in the general election on November 6th.
- See also: Arizona judicial elections, 2012