Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Current Court Information:|
|Illinois Eighteenth Judicial Circuit Court|
|Preceded by:||Kenneth Moy|
|Past position:||Associate judge, Illinois Eighteenth Judicial Circuit Court|
|Undergraduate:||Western Illinois University, 1978|
|Law School:||Northern Illinois University, 1981|
|Candidate for:||Eighteenth Judicial Circuit Court|
|Election information 2014:|
- See also: Illinois judicial elections, 2014
|Kinsella is running for retention to the Eighteenth Judicial Circuit Court. The general election takes place on November 4, 2014.|
The Illinois State Bar Association and participating attorneys rated John Kinsella as Recommended for retention in a 2014 poll.
Kinsella received his J.D. cum laude from Northern Illinois University in 1981 and graduated from Western Illinois University in 1978.
Judge Kinsella worked in the DuPage County state’s attorneys office from 1980 to 2003, when he was elected by Circuit Court judges as an associate judge. In the state attorney’s office, Judge Kinsella served as chief of special prosecutions from 1985 to 1992, deputy chief of the criminal division from 1991 to 1996, and first assistant state’s attorney from 1996 to 2003. Judge Kinsella has received several awards and commendations, and served as first vice president of the Illinois Prosecutors Bar Association from 1999 to 2003.
- Illinois Courts, "Judges of the 18th Judicial Circuit," accessed May 16, 2014
- Illinois State Board of Elections, "List of judges seeking retention in the November 4, 2014 general election," accessed May 8, 2014
- Illinois State Bar Association, "Judicial Evaluations," October 2014
- IL State Court press release, "ILLINOIS SUPREME COURT FILLS TWO VACANCIES IN 18TH JUDICIAL CIRCUIT," October 11, 2007