John P. Zakowski
|John P. Zakowski|
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Current Court Information:|
|Brown County Circuit Court, Wisconsin|
|Appointed by:||Scott Walker|
|Preceded by:||John McKay|
|Undergraduate:||University of Wisconsin-Madison|
|Law School:||University of Wisconsin-Madison Law School|
|Candidate for:||Brown County Circuit Court|
|Election information 2012:|
|Election date:||April 3, 2012|
John P. Zakowski is a circuit court judge for the Brown County Circuit Court in Wisconsin.Zakowski was appointed to the position on December 21, 2011 by Gov. Scott Walker, and was elected in 2012 for a term that will expire in 2018.
- 2011-2018: Judge, Brown County Circuit Court
- 1986-2011: District Attorney, Brown County, Wisconsin
Prior to serving as District Attorney, Zakowski worked as an associate with the Green Bay law firm Nelson & Schmelling.
Awards and associations
- 2002: E. Michael McCann Prosecutor of the Year Award
- See also: Wisconsin judicial elections, 2012
- Wisconsin Court System, "Circuit Courts"
- Brown County Circuit Court
- Green Bay Press Gazette, "Brown County District Attorney John Zakowski confident he convicted the men who murdered Tom Monfils," January 2, 2010
- Brown County Website, "Circuit Court Judges," accessed December 15, 2013
- WTAQ News, "John Zakowski appointed Brown County Circuit Court judge," December 21, 2011
- Wisconsin Election Watch, "John P. Zakowski," accessed December 15, 2013
- G.A.B. Canvass Reporting System, "Canvass Results for 2012 Presidential Preference and Spring Election," April 3, 2012