|Current Court Information:|
|Florida Eleventh Circuit Court|
|Past position:||Assistant U.S. Attorney|
|Past term:||1988-1999; 2001-2004|
|Undergraduate:||Boston College, 1982|
|Law School:||Suffolk University Law School, 1987|
- 2005-2017: Judge, 11th Judicial Circuit Court
- 2001-2004: Assistant U.S. Attorney
- 2002-2004: National Security Section
- 1999-2000: Attorney, Clarke Silverglate, P.A.
- 1988-1999: Assistant U.S. Attorney
- 1993-1995: Deputy Chief of Major Crimes
- 1998-1999: Special Counsel to the U.S. Attorney
- 1987-1988: Department of Homeland Security
Awards and associations
- Board of Directors, Camp Fiesta Children’s Cancer Caring Center
- Big Brothers and Big Sisters of Greater Miami
- Mentor, St. Thomas University’s Law School
- St. Augustine’s Catholic Church
Judge Schlesinger is married to celebrity and former circuit judge Marilyn Milian of the TV show "The People's Court."
In an article by Mark Sylvester, formerly of Leesfield & Partners, P.A., Judge Schlesinger is quoted:
|“||As a trial attorney, you advocate orally for your client, as a judge you have to learn to talk less and listen more.||”|
He also stated,
|“||During my career at the United States Attorney’s Office, I was assigned to Judge Hoevler’s division, as well as Judge Atkins, and Judge Scott to name a few. These judges epitomized what it means to be a judge. I learned a great deal from these judges and they helped form my judicial philosophy.||”|
- Main article: Florida judicial elections, 2010
- 11th Judicial Circuit of Florida: Judges Directory
- ABA Journal, "Florida’s Richest Judges Can Thank Their Spouses—a Lawyer and a TV Judge," August 28, 2009
- 11th Judicial Circuit of Florida, "Judge John Schlesinger"
- Florida Department of State, Division of Elections, "August 31, 2004 Primary Election Results"
- Pozo Goldstein & MIrando, LLP, "Judge John Schlesinger profile (cached)"
- Florida Candidate Listing for 2010 General Election Select top "View List" button and scroll to "Circuit Judge" section
- Miami-Dade County, "Judicial Directory," accessed June 3, 2014
- Leesfield & Partners, "Judicial Profiles - Judge John Schlesinger," 2009 (Cached by Zoominfo) (timed out)
- The People's Court: Judge Marilyn Milian
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
- Miami Herald, "14 incumbent judges, one newcomer elected automatically," May 4, 2010 (dead link)