Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Current Court Information:|
|Alaska Third District|
|Appointed by:||Gov. Tony Knowles|
|Preceded by:||Elaine Andrews|
|Bachelors:||Stanford University, 1970|
|Law School:||Boalt Hall, U.C. Berkeley, 1975|
|Candidate for:||Alaska Third District|
|Election information 2012:|
|Election date:||November 6, 2012|
|Retention vote %:||61.60%|
John Suddock is a superior court judge for the Third Judicial District in Anchorage, Alaska.  Suddock was appointed on November 14, 2002 by Governor Tony Knowles. He was retained in 2012 to a term expiring in 2018.
- 2002-2018: Superior court judge for the Third Judicial District in Anchorage.
- 1996-2002: He was a partner with Suddock & Schleuss.
- 1982-1996: He was a partner with Libbey and Suddock.
- 1978-1982: He was a partner with Kulik and Suddock.
- 1976-1978: He worked with criminal cases for the Alaska Public Defender Agency in Anchorage.
- 1975: He did a clerkship for former Judge Robert Erwin of the Alaska Supreme Court.
- 1974: He worked on misdemeanor cases with the Alaska Public Defender Agency in Homer.
- 1973: He did a clerkship with Ely, Guess & Rudd in Anchorage.
- See also: Alaska judicial elections, 2012
- News: Third District judge finds abortion law constitutional, October 10, 2012
- News: Third District Judge hears abortion lawsuit arguments, September 8, 2011
- News: Judge Suddock dismisses charges against corrections officer, June 7, 2011,
- The Anchorage Daily News, "Parental notification before abortion ruled constitutional by Alaska judge," October 10, 2012