Jon F. Helton
|Jon F. Helton|
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Current Court Information:|
|Dublin Judicial Circuit, Georgia|
|Past position:||Judge, Municipal Court of McIntyre, Georgia|
|Past position 2:||Judge, Municipal Court of Irwinton, Georgia|
|Law School:||John Marshall Law School|
|Candidate for:||Dublin Judicial Circuit|
|Election information 2012:|
|Election date:||July 31, 2012|
Prior to joining the court, Helton worked as an attorney for the Wilkinson County Commission, served as judge pro tem of the Juvenile Court of the Dublin Judicial Circuit and as a judge of both the McIntyre Municipal Court and the Irwinton Municipal Court. He has also served as a solicitor and an assistant district attorney in the Dublin Judicial Circuit.
Helton ran for re-election to the Dublin Superior Court. He faced challenger Harold D. McLendon, a current Municipal Court judge, in the July 31, 2012 primary election and was narrowly re-elected. Helton received 50.14% of the vote, while McClendon received 49.83%; only 50 votes separated the winner from the loser.
- See also: Georgia judicial elections, 2012
- Eighth Superior Court District of Georgia
- Georgia Superior Courts
- Courts in Georgia
- Judicial selection in Georgia
- ↑ Superior Court Directory
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 The Telegraph, "Deal appoints Helton to Dublin-area court seat", December 17, 2011.
- ↑ Georgia Secretary of State, "Preliminary List of Candidates on the July 31, 2012 General Non-Partisan Election Ballot," Accessed May 29, 2012
- ↑ Georgia Secretary of State, "July 31, 2012 primary results