Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Current Court Information:|
|Arizona Court of Appeals|
|Appointed by:||Gov. Fife Symington|
|Past post:||Litigation partner, private practice|
|Bachelors:||Northern Arizona University of Arkansas, 1975|
|Law School:||University of Colorado, 1979|
Jon W. Thompson is a judge on the Arizona Court of Appeals, Division One. He was appointed in 1997 by then-Governor Fife Symington, who served as a Republican governor. He has been retained thrice as a judge on Arizona's intermediate appellate court, in 1998, 2004 and 2010. His current 6 year term ends in 2016.
- Judge, Arizona Court of Appeals, Division 1, from 1995-present.
- Litigation Partner, Mangum, Wall, Stoops & Warden, 1990-1995.
- Judge Pro Tem, Coconino County Superior Court, 1989-1990.
- Deputy County Attorney, Coconino County, 1983-1988.
- Deputy County Attorney, Yuma County, 1980-1983.
- Private practice as an attorney, 1979-1980.
Thompson was retained in 2010.
- Main article: Arizona judicial elections, 2010
- Read Thompson's Judicial Performance Report here.
Judge Thompson faced a retention election in 2004.
- 166,959 in favor of retention.
- 40,131 opposed to retention.
He was also retained in 1998:
- 93,816 in favor of retention.
- 25,266 against retention.
- Official biography of Jon W. Thompson
- List of Arizona Court of Appeals Division One judges
- Arizona Judges Review: A Project of Lighthouse Blog and Republicans-Quick Guide to Judges Up for Election This Year