Julie Kunce Field
|Julie Kunce Field|
|Current Court Information:|
|Colorado Eighth Judicial District|
|Appointed by:||Gov. Bill Ritter|
|Past post:||Founder/executive director, Confidentiality Institute|
|Undergraduate:||University of Nebraska-Lincoln, 1982|
|Law School:||University of Chicago Law School, 1985|
|Candidate for:||Eighth Judicial District|
|Election information 2014:|
Julie Kunce Field is a judge of the Colorado Eighth Judicial District. She was appointed by Governor Bill Ritter, effective January 1, 2011, and was retained by voters in 2014. Her current six-year term expires on January 11, 2021.
- See also: Colorado judicial elections, 2014
|Kunce Field ran for retention to the Eighth Judicial District. The general election took place on November 4, 2014.|
Judicial performance evaluation
The Colorado Commissions on Judicial Performance recommended that Judge Field be Retained. The full report is available here.
Before her judicial appointment in 2011, Field was the founder and executive director of the Confidentiality Institute. She has also worked as a professor at several law schools.
- Legal Connection, "Six New Judges Appointed to Colorado District and County Courts," January 5, 2011
- Equal Justice Foundation, "Eighth Judicial District — Larimer and Jackson Counties," July 12, 2013
- Judicial selection in Colorado
- Colorado Secretary of State, "2014 General Election Unofficial Candidate List," accessed September 4, 2014
- Colorado Judicial Branch, "Julie Kunce Field," accessed September 5, 2014