Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Current Court Information:|
|3rd Circuit Court, Michigan|
|Past position:||Attorney, Private Practice|
|Bachelors:||University of Rochester, 2000|
|Law School:||Case Western Reserve University School of Law, 2003|
|Candidate for:||3rd Circuit Court|
|Election information 2012:|
Immediately prior to assuming the bench, Braxton worked as an attorney in private practice.
Braxton advanced from the primary election, receiving 12.72% of the vote. She was one of six candidates competing for three seats on the 3rd Circuit Court. Braxton was elected with 18.7% of the vote.  
- See also: Michigan judicial elections, 2012
Bar association ratings
The Detroit Metropolitan Bar Association rated candidates running for judicial office in 2012. Candidates were given one of five ratings: Outstanding, Well Qualified, Qualified, Not Qualified or No Rating.
Braxton was rated as Qualified.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Judge Karen Braxton Campaign Site
- ↑ Michigan Department of State, Unofficial 2012 General Election Results: 3rd Circuit Court
- ↑ Wayne County, 2012 Judicial Primary Results
- ↑ Michigan Department of State, 2012 Unofficial Michigan Primary Candidate Listing
- ↑ Detroit Metropolitan Bar Association, Judicial Candidate Evaluation Committee