Kathleen M. Banke
|Kathleen M. Banke|
|Current Court Information:|
|California First District Court of Appeal|
|Appointed by:||Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger|
|Past post:||Alameda County Superior Court Judge|
Kathleen M. Banke is a justice on the First District, Division One of the California Courts of Appeal. She was appointed in June of 2009 and was sworn-in the following July 30th. by Governor Schwarzenegger.
Banke spent her legal career practicing appellate law for over 20 years. In June 2006, she was appointed to the Alameda County Superior Court. Three years later, she was elevated to the California First District Court of Appeal.
Awards and associations
- Chair, Center for Judicial Education
- Member, Kleps Award Committee
- Inducted Fellow, American Academy of Appellate Lawyers
- Ex officio member, California Academy of Appellate Lawyers
Banke was retained in 2010.
- See also: California judicial elections, 2010
- Banke Profile from the California Courts
- "Kathleen M. Banke Gets Nod from Schwarzenegger - Reed Smith Partner Heads to Bench After Appointment to the Alameda County Superior Court" Reed Smith Press Office, June 28, 2006
- "Governor Schwarzenegger Appoints Three Justices to the First District Court of Appeal" Office of the Governor Press Release, June 11, 2000