Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Current Court Information:|
|United States District Court for the District of Kansas|
|Appointed by:||George H.W. Bush|
|Preceded by:||Earl O'Connor|
|Past post:||Municipal Court Judge, Prairie Village, KS|
|Undergraduate:||University of Kansas, 1971|
|Law School:||University of Kansas Law, 1975|
Kathryn Hoefer Vratil is a federal judge on senior status for the United States District Court for the District of Kansas. She joined the court in 1992 after being nominated by President George H.W. Bush. Vratil also served as the Chief Judge of the court from 2008 until taking senior status on April 22, 2014.
- 1990-1992: Judge, Municipal Court of Prairie Village, Kansas
- 1978-1992: Attorney, Private Practice, Kansas
- 1975-1978: Law Clerk, Hon. Earl O'Connor, United States District Court for the District of Kansas
District of Kansas
On the recommendation of U.S. Senator Bob Dole, Vratil was nominated to the United States District Court for the District of Kansas by President George H.W. Bush on July 28, 1992, to a seat vacated by Judge Earl O'Connor. Vratil was confirmed by the U.S. Senate on October 8, 1992, and received commission on October 9, 1992. Vratil became the chief judge of the court in 2008. Vratil assumed senior status on April 22, 2014, after 21 years on the bench.
Congressional oath of office
- Kathryn Vratil Biography from the Federal Judicial Center, accessed April 22, 2014]
- THOMAS, "Kathryn Vratil USDC, KS confirmation:PN1303-102," accessed June 3, 2014
- United States District Court for the District of Kansas, "Judge Kathryn H. Vratil Takes Senior Status; Judge J. Thomas Marten Named Chief Judge," April 21, 2014
- United States Courts, "Press Release: Federal Judges Help Swear In Members of Congress," March 1, 2013
|Federal judicial offices|
|District of Kansas
David Waxse • Gary Sebelius • Gerald Rushfelt • James O'Hara • Karen Humphreys • Kenneth Gale • Teresa J. James •
|Former Article III judges||
|Former Chief judges|