Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Current Court Information:|
|16th Judicial District, Louisiana|
|Past position:||Assistant district attorney|
|Undergraduate:||University of Southwestern Louisiana, 1977|
|Law School:||Louisiana State University Law Center, 1980|
|Candidate for:||16th District Court|
|Election information 2014:|
Keith Rayne Jules Comeaux is a judge of the 16th Judicial District, Division E in Louisiana. He was elected to this position on April 7, 2001. He was re-elected in 2014 for a term beginning on January 1, 2015, and expiring on December 31, 2020.
- See also: Louisiana judicial elections, 2014
| Comeaux ran for re-election to the 16th Judicial District.
As an unopposed candidate, he was automatically elected without appearing on the ballot.
Comeaux began his career in 1981 as a public defender. He then served as an assistant district attorney of the 16th Judicial District from 1988 until he was elected judge in 2001. He also ran a general civil law practice in New Iberia, Louisiana, from 1980 to 1999 and served as a supervisor of the Victim Assistance Program of the St. Martin Parish D.A.'s Office from 1988 to 1998.
- 16th Judicial District Court, "Division E," accessed December 18, 2014
- Louisiana Secretary of State, "Official Election Results," April 7, 2014
- Louisiana Secretary of State, "Elected Officials," accessed December 9, 2014 (Scroll down to "District Judge…")
- Judgepedia.org, “Judicial selection in Louisiana,” accessed December 8, 2014
- Louisiana Secretary of State, "November 4, 2014 General Election Candidates," accessed August 25, 2014