Keith L. Stoney
|Keith L. Stoney|
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Current Court Information:|
|Utah Third Judicial District|
|Title:||Former Justice Court Judge|
|Alternative court:||Utah Fourth Judicial District|
|Past position:||West Valley City prosecutor|
|Bachelors:||Brigham Young University|
Keith L. Stoney was a Utah Third Judicial District judge for Salt Lake and Utah counties, for the West Valley and Saratoga Springs Justice Courts. He retired on December 31, 2012. In stepping down from the court, the judge reached an agreement with the Utah Judicial Conduct Commission. Though at least one complaint has been filed against Stoney, his resignation negates all disciplinary proceedings. 
Stoney was successfully retained in 2010.
- Main article: Utah judicial elections, 2010
- News: Judge Stoney announces retirement amid complaints, September 19, 2012
- News: Residents Call for Removal of Third District Judge, April 13, 2011
- utcourts.gov, "Press Release: Saratoga Springs Justice Court Judge Sought," October 1, 2012
- Deseret News, "Controversial judge agrees to retire; pending complaints will be dismissed," September 17, 2012