Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Current Court Information:|
|Oklahoma Court of Civil Appeals|
|Past position:||Judge, District 14|
|Undergraduate:||Southwest Missouri University|
|Law School:||University of Tulsa|
|Grad. School:||University of Virginia|
|Military service:||US Naval Reserves|
|Candidate for:||Court of Civil Appeals|
|Election information 2014:|
- See also: Oklahoma judicial elections, 2014
|Rapp was retained to the Court of Civil Appeals with 59.3% of the vote on November 4, 2014.|
Rapp received his undergraduate degree from Southwest Missouri University and took graduate classes in mathematics and statistics from the Universities of Missouri, Minnesota and Arizona. He then worked as an aerospace engineer and worked on many major N.A.S.A. projects before receiving his J.D. degree from the University of Tulsa. He later earned an LL.M. from the University of Virginia.
From 1953 to 1955, Rapp served in the Naval Reserves.
After law school, Judge Rapp worked as a public defender and city prosecutor in Broken Arrow, Oklahoma. He later worked as a municipal judge in Bixby and then an alternative municipal judge in Tulsa. After this, he judged on the 14th District Court until he was appointed to the Court of Appeals in 1984.
- Oklahoma Judicial Branch Information, "Biography of Judge Rapp"
- Oklahoma Judicial Branch Information, "Court of Civil Appeals" see pg. 13
- Oklahoma Elections, "Candidate List, 2014 General Election," accessed October 17, 2014
- Oklahoma State Election Board, "Official Results: Federal, State Legislative and Judicial Races General Election - November 4, 2014," November 12, 2014
|Former||Tom Colbert • John Reif • Charles Chapel • Glenn Adams • Carol Hansen • Doug Gabbard •|