Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Current Court Information:|
|Oklahoma Court of Civil Appeals|
|Appointed by:||Gov. Frank Keating|
|Bachelors:||Texas Christian University|
|Law School:||Southern Methodist University|
|Military service:||U.S. Air Force|
|Candidate for:||Court of Civil Appeals|
|Election information 2012:|
|Election date:||November 6, 2012|
|Retention vote %:||67.3%|
Kenneth L. Buettner is the Chief Judge of the Oklahoma Court of Civil Appeals, the intermediate appellate court in the state of Oklahoma. Judge Buettner was appointed to the Court of Civil Appeals by Gov. Frank Keating and was sworn in on February 26, 1996. He was retained in 2006 and 2012. His current term expires in 2018. Buettner was Vice-Chief Judge in 2004 and Chief Judge since January 2005.
From 1976 to 1980, Judge Buettner served with the United States Air Force JAG Corps. 
In 1980, he worked with a major Oklahoma City law firm and practiced in a general litigation practice until his appointment to the bench in 1996.
Since 2002 he has been a member of the Executive Board of the Oklahoma Judicial Conference and in 2005 he served as president of the Conference.
Memberships and involvement
- Participation in Leadership Edmond Class IX and Leadership Oklahoma Class XVI
- A trustee of the Oklahoma Foundation for Excellence
- Co-chair of the Outreach Committee
- A trustee (1995-2001) and President of the Edmond Public Schools Foundation (1997)
- A member of St. John the Baptist Catholic Church and has served on its Parish Council, Finance Committee, Board of Christian Education, Building Committee and Peru Mission Board
- An adult volunteer with the middle school and high school youth groups (1990-2003)
- Active in the Oklahoma Bar Association
- Served on the Civil Procedure Committee, Bench and Bar Committee, and Diversity Committee
- Served on various committees of the Oklahoma County Bar Association and was Vice-President (1999-2000)
- A Sustaining Fellow of the Oklahoma Bar Foundation and a Master in the Luther Bohanon Inn of Court.
- See also: Oklahoma judicial elections, 2012
- ↑ 2006 election results
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Oklahoma State Election Board: Unofficial 2012 General Election Results Scroll to p.18
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 Oklahoma Bar Association: Judge Buettner
- ↑ Oklahoma State Election Board: Official 2012 General Election Results - Judicial Retention
- ↑ Oklahoma.gov: Candidates for General Election, November 6, 2012 Scroll to p.13
|Former||Tom Colbert • John Reif • Charles Chapel • Glenn Adams • Carol Hansen • Doug Gabbard •|