Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Current Court Information:|
|Illinois Second Judicial Circuit Court|
|Candidate for:||Second Circuit Court|
|Confirmation:||Vacancy of Kyle Vantrease|
|Election information 2012:|
|Primary date:||March 20, 2012|
|Election date:||November 6, 2012|
2012 electionRenshaw ran in the 2012 election to replace retired Judge E. Kyle Vantrease.
- See also: Illinois judicial elections, 2012
Kent Renshaw v. Eric Dirnbeck
An unusual situation occurred in the 2012 2nd Circuit primary race. Renshaw was initially declared the winner, but late absentee ballots pushed Dirnbeck to victory. Renshaw then sued for a recount, but Eric Dirnbeck was placed on the general election ballot anyway. The winner of the primary would have been unopposed in the general election and ensured the judgeship. On October 23, 2012, Judge John A. Speroni, who was presiding over the case, issued an order to suppress the November 6 election results and that no winner should be declared until the case is resolved.
- ↑ IllinoisJudges.net: Vacancy of E. Kyle Vantrease: Candidates for Circuit Judge - Second Circuit (Circuitwide)
- ↑ Mt. Vernon Register-News, "Dirnbeck unofficial winner in 2nd Judicial", March 22, 2012
- ↑ Disclosure, "Absentee ballots pushed one judicial candidate over his competitor?", March 21, 2012
- ↑ Disclosure, "Judicial order keeps (some) Dirnbeck numbers under wraps", November 7, 2012
- ↑ Illinois Elections, "Court suspends judicial race", October 25, 2012