|Mary 'Kris' Pickering|
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Current Court Information:|
|Nevada Supreme Court|
|Bachelors:||Yale University, 1974|
|Law School:||University of California-Davis, 1977|
Mary "Kris" Pickering is the chief justice of the Nevada Supreme Court. She was elected to the Supreme Court in November 4, 2008 to a term ending in 2014. On January 5, 2013, she began a term as Chief Justice of the Nevada Supreme Court, a position previously held by Justice Michael Cherry. She will serve in that capacity until January 2014.
After law school Kris returned to Reno to clerk for United States District Judge Bruce Thompson. She entered private practice, first with the firm Lionel Sawyer & Collins and then Morris Pickering & Peterson. She worked in private practice until her election to the Nevada Supreme Court in 2008.
2010 judicial survey
The Las Vegas Review Journal conducted a judicial performance evaluation in 2010. The survey asked state attorneys to rate judges on a variety of criteria. Of the 796 respondents, 65% recommended Judge Pickering for retention. 
General election results
- For seat B, Kris Pickering was the winner, taking 353,841 votes (42%) as compared to Deborah Schumacher who received 329,090 votes (39%). Fully 159,715 voters (19%) chose a candidate other than the two listed on the ballot.
- See Nevada Supreme Court elections for more details on the court race.
Mary "Kris" Pickering was the overall August 12 primary winner for spot (seat B) on the Nevada Supreme Court. Her opponents were Don Chairez, Deborah Schumacher and Nancy Allf. They competed to fill the seat vacated by the retirement of William Maupin. She will face Deborah Schumacher, who was the second highest vote recipient, in the November genreral election.,,
- Nevada Judiciary, Justice Kristina Pickering
- Project Vote Smart, Justice Mary 'Kristina' Pickeringg (NV)
- Nevada Appeal, "Supreme Court: Mary 'Kris' Pickering"
- Las Vegas Review-Journal, "EDITORIAL: For Supreme Court", October 15, 2008
- Las Vegas Review Journal, "Court hopeful says consultant pitched deal", October 15, 2008
- ↑ CarsonNow.org, "Kristina Pickering named Chief Justice at Nevada Supreme Court," December 31, 2012
- ↑ Project Vote Smart, Justice Mary 'Kristina' Pickering (NV)
- ↑ Nevada Judiciary, Justice Kristina Pickering
- ↑ Judicial Performance Evaluation:Results
- ↑ Judicial Performance Evaluation:Methodology
- ↑ Supreme Court results
- ↑ Candidates seek high court seat
- ↑ Nevadans to cast primary election ballots next Tuesday
- ↑ High court hopefuls use their money
|Former||A. William Maupin • Cameron Batjer •|