Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Current Court Information:|
|Oklahoma Court of Civil Appeals|
|Born:||August 9, 1946|
|Undergraduate:||University of Oklahoma|
|Law School:||University of Oklahoma|
Larry E. Joplin is a judge on the Oklahoma Court of Civil Appeals in Oklahoma. He represents Division 4, Office 2. He was appointed to this position in November of 1994 and retained by voters in 1996, 1998 and 2004. His current term ends in 2016.
Judge Joplin began his legal career in 1971 as an attorney with the law firm Pierce & Couch. In 1973, he joined Bohannon & Barth, where he worked until 1976. He then worked as a partner in his own firm, Wheatley & Joplin until 1982. Also, from 1976 to 1978, he was a special prosecutor in the Oklahoma County District Attorney's Office. From 1982 to 1993, he worked as a partner of Crowe & Dunlevy. He worked for a short time in 1993 as the director of the State of Oklahoma Office in Washington, D.C. and worked in 1993 and 1994 as general counsel for the State Insurance Department. He was appointed to the Court of Appeals in November of 1994.
- See also: Oklahoma judicial elections, 2010
- Oklahoma Judicial Branch Information: Biography of Judge Joplin
- 1996 Oklahoma election results
- 1998 Oklahoma Court of Civil Appeals election results
- 2004 election results
- Oklahoma Judicial Branch Information: Court of Civil Appeals see pg. 13
- Oklahoma Board of Elections, Unofficial General Election Results