Lauren C. Moore
|Lauren C. Moore|
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Current Court Information:|
|Cleveland Municipal Court, Ohio|
|Past position:||Chief Prosecutor, City of Cleveland|
|Past position 2:||Assistant Prosecutor, Cuyahoga County|
|Law School:||Case Western Reserve University|
Moore passed the Ohio State Bar in 1987, officially joining the legal profession. In addition to working as a civil attorney and public defender with the Legal Aid Society, Moore has served as Chief Prosecutor for the City of Cleveland. She was also an Assistant Cuyahoga County Prosecutor. In 2003, Moore was elected to the court.
Ariel Castro - Cleveland kidnapping case
On May 9, 2013, Judge Moore presided over the bond hearing of Ariel Castro, who was charged with the rape and kidnapping of three women and one of their daughters. Castro had held Gina DeJesus, Amanda Berry and Michelle Knight captive for 9, 10 and 11 years, respectively. Moore set his bond at $8 million, requiring an $800,000 deposit which effectively disabled Castro's ability to avoid imprisonment. Castro plead not guilty to 329 counts of rape, torture and murder at the beginning of his trial on June 12, 2013. He agreed to a plea deal before Judge Michael J. Russo on July 26, 2013.
In 2009, Moore was re-elected to the court after running unopposed.
Moore was elected to the court in the general election on November 4, 2003. She defeated Robert Ziccardi, winning 76.76% of the vote. 
- Cleveland Municipal Court: Judge Lauren C. Moore
- The Wall Street Journal, "Bond Set at $8 Million in Cleveland Kidnap Case," May 9, 2013
- New York Times, "Cleveland Man Charged With Rape and Kidnapping," May 8, 2013
- ABC News, "Ariel Castro Pleads Not Guilty to Imprisoning Three Women for a Decade," June 12, 2013
- Cuyahoga County Board of Elections, 2009 Official General Election Results
- Cuyahoga County Board of Elections, 2003 Official General Election Results