|Current Court Information:|
|Davidson County General Sessions Court, Tennessee|
|Active:||1981 - 10/7/2011|
|Preceded by:||Dennis W. Summers|
|Past position:||Nashville Metro Councilmember; Assistant Public Defender|
|Past term:||1975 - 1981; -|
|Undergraduate:||Vanderbilt University, 1956|
|Law School:||Nashville School of Law, 1962|
Ruben received his undergraduate degree from Vanderbilt University in 1956 and his law degree (LLB) from the Nashville School of Law in 1962.
Before the Nashville Metro Council appointed him judge in 1981, Ruben worked as an Assistant Public Defender. He was also a member of the Metro Council from 1975 to 1981. He served as the Presiding Judge of the General Sessions Courts from 1984 to 1988, 1990 to 1991, 1996 to 1997 and 2000 to 2001. He was honored by the state Legislature in 2006 for "twenty-five years of meritorious service".
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 SENATE JOINT RESOLUTION 7009 to honor and commend Leon Ruben. January 26, 2006
- ↑ TN Courts.gov: Leon Ruben
- ↑ Nashville.gov: August 3, 2006 Election Night Returns
- ↑ Tennessee General Sessions Court
- ↑ The City Paper, "Ex-Councilman Mike Jameson to run for open judgeship", October 10, 2011
- ↑ General Sessions of Metropolitan Nashville & Davidson County: Biography of Judge Leon Ruben