Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Current Court Information:|
|United States District Court for the District of Hawaii|
|Appointed by:||Barack Obama|
|Active:||12/22/2010 - Present|
|Preceded by:||Helen Gillmor|
|Home State:||Mount Holly, New Jersey|
|Bachelors:||Wellesley College, B.A., 1979|
|Law School:||Boston College School of Law, J.D., 1983|
Leslie Emi Kobayashi (b. 1957) is an Article III federal judge for the United States District Court for the District of Hawaii. She was nominated to the court by Barack Obama.
Early life and education
Kobayashi served as a federal magistrate judge for the United States District Court for the District of Hawaii from August 2, 1999. She was reappointed in the summer of 2007 to a term that ended on August 2, 2015, but joined the District of Hawaii as an Article III judge on upon the receipt of her commission on December 22, 2010. 
Judge Kobayashi worked as a trial attorney and managing partner of the law firm Fujiyama, Duffy & Fujiyama for 17 years. She worked as a deputy prosecuting attorney in Honolulu before becoming a magistrate judge in 1999. She has also taught at the William S. Richardson School of Law (part of the University of Hawaii at Manoa).
District of Hawaii
On April 21, 2010 Kobayashi was nominated to a seat as a federal judge on the District of Hawaii by President Obama. She was nominated to fill the seat vacated by Helen Gillmor.  Kobayashi was confirmed to the court by the Senate on December 18, 2010. 
Judiciary Committee hearing
- Judges of the District of Hawaii
- Political News "SENATE CONFIRMS NOMINATION OF LESLIE E. KOBAYASHI TO SERVE AS U.S. DISTRICT JUDGE FOR HAWAII", December 19, 2010
- Star-Advertiser "Kobayashi confirmed as Hawaii U.S. district judge", December 18, 2010
- Kobayashi Biography from the Federal Judicial Center
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 "Newswatch", Star-Bulletin, June 2, 2007 Scroll to "Kobayashi appointed to new term"
- ↑ White House Press Release "President Obama Names Five to the United States District Court", April 21, 2010
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Kobayashi Biography from the Federal Judicial Center.
- ↑ White House Press Release "Presidential Nominations Sent to the Senate, 4/21/10"
- ↑ Star-Bulletin "Obama nominates Judge Leslie Kobayashi for District Court seat," April 21, 2010
- ↑ Honolulu Advertiser "Obama nominates Kobayashi for District Judge post", April 21, 2010
- ↑ Judicial Nomination Materials
- ↑ U.S. Senate Judiciary Committee, Judicial Nomination Materials: 111th Congress
- ↑ Senate Judiciary Committee Hearing, August 5, 2010
|Federal judicial offices|
|District of Hawaii
|Magistrate judges||Richard Puglisi • Kevin Chang • Barry Kurren •|
|Former Article III judges|
|Former Chief judges|