|Current Court Information:|
|Florida Third District Court of Appeal|
|Appointed by:||Gov. Jeb Bush|
|Past post:||Attorney, private practice|
|Candidate for:||Third District Court of Appeal|
|Election information 2012:|
|Election date:||November 6, 2012|
|Retention vote %:||75.8%|
Leslie B. Rothenberg is a judge on the Florida Third District Court of Appeal. She was appointed by Governor Bush and took office in January of 2005. She was retained by voters in 2006 and 2012.
Leslie Rothenberg began her legal career in 1986, working in the Miami-Dade State Attorney’s Office. She began prosecuting drunk drivers and was later promoted to the felony division and then the career criminal unit. For the last two years, she was a felony division supervisor. In 1992, she became a Circuit Court Judge, a position she held for 11 years. After this, in 2003, she joined the international law firm Steel Hector & Davis, LLP. A year later, she was appointed to the Court of Appeal.
- See also: Florida judicial elections, 2012
Bar poll results
78% of Florida lawyers polled by the state Bar were in favor of Rothenberg's retention.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Judge Rothenberg Bio
- ↑ 2006 General Election Results
- ↑ Florida Third District Court of Appeal
- ↑ Articles by Linda Rothenberg
- ↑ Florida Division of Elections: Official November 6, 2012 General Election Results
- ↑ Florida Election Watch: Unofficial 2012 General Election Results - Judicial
- ↑ Florida Division of Elections: Leslie B. Rothenberg
- ↑ The Florida Bar, "Florida Bar Poll Shows Overwhelming Support for Supreme Court Justices, Appellate Judges in Merit Retention Elections", September 7, 2012