Linda V. Parker
|Linda V. Parker|
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Current Court Information:|
|3rd Circuit Court, Michigan|
|Appointed by:||Gov. Jennifer Granholm|
|Preceded by:||Cynthia Stephens|
|Past post:||Director, Michigan Dept. of Civil Rights|
|Bachelors:||University of Michigan|
|Law School:||George Washington University|
|Candidate for:||3rd Circuit Court|
|Election information 2012:|
Linda V. Parker is a judge of the 3rd Circuit Court (Criminal Division) in Wayne County, Michigan. She was appointed to this position by Gov. Granholm on December 26, 2008 to replace Judge Cynthia Stephens. She was elected on November 2, 2010 to a partial term. Her current term expires on January 1, 2019.
Parker worked for U.S. Attorney Saul Green in the federal prosecutor's office in Detroit from 1994 to 2000. She was named the director of the Michigan Department of Civil Rights in 2003. She was then appointed to the Circuit Court in 2008.
- See also: Michigan judicial elections, 2012
Bar association ratings
The Detroit Metropolitan Bar Association rated candidates running for judicial office in 2012. Candidates were given one of five ratings: Outstanding, Well Qualified, Qualified, Not Qualified or No Rating.
Parker was rated as Well Qualified.
- Main article: Michigan judicial elections, 2010
- ↑ Third Judicial Circuit Court of Michigan, Third Circuit Court Judges
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Crain's Detroit Business, "Civil-rights director appointed to Wayne Co. court", December 26, 2008
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Michigan 2010 Unofficial General Election Results: 3rd Circuit Court (partial term)
- ↑ Martindale: Judge Profile:Linda V. Parker
- ↑ Michigan Department of State, Unofficial 2012 General Election Results: 3rd Circuit Court
- ↑ Michigan Department of State, 2012 Unofficial Michigan Primary Candidate Listing
- ↑ Detroit Metropolitan Bar Association, Judicial Candidate Evaluation Committee