Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Current Court Information:|
|United States District Court for the District of New Mexico|
|Active:||04/01/2003 - Present|
|Bachelors:||New Mexico State U.|
|Law School:||U. of New Mexico Law|
Lourdes A. Martínez is a federal magistrate judge for the United States District Court for the District of New Mexico. She was appointed to this position on April 1, 2003. Her current term will end in April of 2011, after 8 years.
Judge Martinez earned her undergraduate degree from New Mexico State University and her law degree from the University of New Mexico.
Martinez began her career as a law clerk to the New Mexico Supreme Court. She then worked as an Assistant Attorney General and a private practice lawyer before becoming a judge. She judged for the New Mexico Third Judicial District Court for approximately four years before becoming a magistrate judge in 2003.
United States District Court
200 E. Griggs St.
Las Cruces, New Mexico 88001
Phone: (575) 528-1650
Fax: (575) 528-1655
- United States District Court for the District of New Mexico
- United States Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
- ↑ New Mexico Blue Book, "Judicial Section", 2008 Scroll to page 12
- ↑ Federal magistrate judge
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Judicial Performance Evaluation Commission, Judge Evaluation for Lourdes Martinez
- ↑ State of New Mexico: Office of the Governor, "Governor Bill Richardson Appoints New Judge in Third Judicial District", May 23, 2003
- ↑ Chambers of Judge Martinez
|Magistrate judges||Lorenzo Garcia • Carmen Garza • Lourdes Martinez • Karen Molzen • Robert Scott • Alan Torgerson • William P. Lynch • Gregory Wormuth • Stephan Vidmar •|
|Former Article III judges|
|Former Chief judges|