Parsons died after a yearlong battle with cancer in November 2011.
Judge Parsons received his undergraduate degree from Jacksonville State University and his law degree from the Birmingham School of Law.
Supreme Court bid
- See also: Alabama judicial elections, 2010
- The Birmingham News - To read the endorsement, click here.
- The Montgomery Advertiser - To read the endorsement, click here.
- Opelika-Auburn News - To read the endorsement, click here.
- The Decatur Daily - To read the endorsement, click here.
Parsons has been a judge for 11 years. Prior to that, he was a state Senator for 16 years.
1801 Third Ave., N., Rm. 613 Annex
- 10th Judicial Circuit website
- "Updated: Jefferson County Circuit Judge Mac Parsons to run for Alabama Supreme Court," John A. MacDonald of The Birmingham News, August 31, 2009
- Judge Parsons's profile on Zoominfo.com
- The Birmingham News, "Campaign 2010: Alabama Supreme Court candidates file financial reports," September 20, 2010
- WBRC News, "JeffCo Judge Mac Parsons retires," January 13, 2011
- Alabama State Bar: Circuit 10 officials and contact information
- Judge Parsons biography
- AL.com, "Mac Parsons, former state Senator, Circuit judge has died," November 15, 2011
- The Anniston Star, "Parker, Bolin win Ala. Supreme Court races," June 1, 2010
- Press-Register "Supreme Court Place 3: Tom Parker defeats Mac Parsons," November 2, 2010