Maria S. Vazquez-Doles
|Maria S. Vazquez-Doles|
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Current Court Information:|
|New York Supreme Court 9th Judicial District|
|Past position:||Judge, Monroe Town Court, New York|
|Party:||Democratic, Working Families, Independence|
|Law School:||Touro Law School|
|Candidate for:||Supreme Court 9th Judicial District|
|Election information 2013:|
|Vazquez-Doles ran for election to the Supreme Court 9th Judicial District.|
Democratic candidates: John Colangelo, Alexander Eisemann, Victor G. Grossman, Janet C. Malone and Maria S. Vazquez-Doles
Republican candidates: Daniel Angiolillo, Daniel Castricone, Christie L. Derrico, Mark Dillon and John Sweeny
Maria Vazquez-Doles was previously the Justice for the Monroe Town Court. Her prior experience includes private practice, court attorney for the New York County supreme court, counsel and litigation manager for Owens Corning and a professor at Monroe College.
Awards and associations
- Business Attorney of the Year, Flor de Maga Award, New York State Puerto Rican Bar Association
- Orange County Annual Youth Bureau Award
- New York State Bar Association
- Orange County Bar Association
- Puerto Rican Bar Association
- Past President, Friends of the Monroe Free Library
- Former Chair, Latino Democratic Committee of Orange County
Judge Vazquez-Doles stated, on her 2013 campaign website:
|“||Knowing the law is not enough. Judicial temperament and demeanor assures that everyone will be treated with dignity and respect.||”|
- Vazquez-Doles campaign website
- New York Town or Village Court search page
- New York State’s Town and Village Courts Introduction page
- NYS Board of Elections State Supreme Court Official Returns, November 5, 2013
- New York State Board of Elections, "Supreme Court Candidate List, 2013"
- Rockland County Board of Elections: Offices to be filled November 5, 2013
- Vazquez-Doles for Supreme Court, "About," accessed October 14, 2013
- Vazquez-Doles campaign website: About
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.