Marilyn A. Moores
|Marilyn A. Moores|
|Current Court Information:|
|Marion County Superior Court, Indiana|
|Appointed by:||Gov. Mitch Daniels|
|Past post:||Partner, Cohen & Malad, LLP|
|Past post 2:||Associate, Cohen & Malad, P.C.|
|Past term 2:||1989-2002|
|Undergraduate:||Indiana University, 1977|
|Law School:||Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law, 1981|
|Candidate for:||Marion County Superior Court|
|Position:||Republican seats 1-8|
|Election information 2014:|
Marilyn A. Moores is a judge for the Marion County Superior Court in Indiana. She was appointed to the court by Governor Mitch Daniels in March 2005, and elected in 2008. She is running for re-election to the Marion County Superior Court in 2014.
- See also: Indiana judicial elections, 2014
| Moores is running for re-election to the Marion County Superior Court.
Primary: She ran unopposed in the Republican primary on May 6, 2014.
General: She will be unopposed in the general election on November 4, 2014. There were 16 total seats up for election on this court. The 8 Republican candidates were unopposed in the primary election and will be unopposed for the 8 available Republican seats.
Indianapolis Bar Association survey
Members of the Indianapolis Bar Association "Recommended" Moores for judicial office with 77.4% of respondents in favor. For full results, see Indianapolis Bar Association Judicial Survey, Marilyn A. Moores.
- 2005-2014: Judge, Marion County Superior Court
- 2002-2005: Partner, Cohen & Malad, LLP
- 1989-2002: Associate, Cohen & Malad, P.C.
- 1981-1989: Assistant corporation counsel, City of Indianapolis
- Indianapolis Bar Association, "Judicial Survey: Marilyn A. Moores," accessed October 9, 2014
- Indiana Election Division, "2014 Primary Election Candidates," May 6, 2014
- Indy Star, "Money, politics and judges: Do judicial candidates pay to play?," March 15, 2014
- Indianapolis/Marion County Election Board, "Offices on the Ballot in 2014," accessed March 21, 2014
- Indiana Election Division, "Indiana Primary Election," May 6, 2014