Marilyn A. Moores
|Marilyn A. Moores|
|Current Court Information:|
|Marion County Superior Court, Indiana|
|Appointed by:||Gov. Mitch Daniels|
|Past post:||Partner, Cohen & Malad, LLP|
|Past post 2:||Associate, Cohen & Malad, P.C.|
|Past term 2:||1989-2002|
|Undergraduate:||Indiana University, 1977|
|Law School:||Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law, 1981|
|Candidate for:||Marion County Superior Court|
|Position:||Republican seats 1-8|
|Election information 2014:|
Marilyn A. Moores is a judge for the Marion County Superior Court in Indiana. She was appointed to the court by Governor Mitch Daniels in March 2005, and elected in 2008. She was re-elected on November 4, 2014, for a term that expires on December 31, 2020.
- See also: Indiana judicial elections, 2014
| Moores ran for re-election to the Marion County Superior Court.
Primary: She ran unopposed in the Republican primary on May 6, 2014.
General: She was unopposed in the general election on November 4, 2014. There were 16 total seats up for election on this court. The 8 Republican candidates were unopposed in the primary election and will be unopposed for the 8 available Republican seats.
Indianapolis Bar Association survey
Members of the Indianapolis Bar Association "Recommended" Moores for judicial office with 77.4% of respondents in favor. For full results, see Indianapolis Bar Association Judicial Survey, Marilyn A. Moores.
- 2005-2020: Judge, Marion County Superior Court
- 2002-2005: Partner, Cohen & Malad, LLP
- 1989-2002: Associate, Cohen & Malad, P.C.
- 1981-1989: Assistant corporation counsel, City of Indianapolis
- Indianapolis Bar Association, "Judicial Survey: Marilyn A. Moores," accessed October 9, 2014
- Indiana Election Division, "2014 Primary Election Candidates," May 6, 2014
- Indy Star, "Money, politics and judges: Do judicial candidates pay to play?," March 15, 2014
- Indianapolis/Marion County Election Board, "Offices on the Ballot in 2014," accessed March 21, 2014
- Indiana Election Division, "Indiana Primary Election," May 6, 2014