|Current Court Information:|
|United States District Court for the Middle District of Alabama|
|Appointed by:||George W. Bush|
|Preceded by:||Ira DeMent|
|Undergraduate:||University of Alabama,1982|
|Law School:||University of Alabama Law, 1985|
Mark E. Fuller is an Article III federal judge for the United States District Court for the Middle District of Alabama. Fuller served as the chief judge from 2004 to 2011. He joined the court in 2002 after being nominated by President George W. Bush. Prior to joining the court, Fuller was a district attorney for Alabama's 12th Judicial Circuit.
- 1997-2002: District attorney, Alabama's 12th Judicial Circuit (elected position)
- 1996: Chief assistant district attorney, Alabama's 12th Judicial Circuit
- 1985-1996: Attorney in private practice
Middle District of Alabama
On the recommendation of Senators Jeff Sessions and Richard Shelby, Fuller was nominated to the United States District Court for the Middle District of Alabama by President George W. Bush on August 1, 2002, to a seat vacated by Judge Ira DeMent as DeMent went on senior status Fuller was confirmed by the U.S. Senate on November 14, 2002, and received commission on November 26, 2002. He served as chief judge of the court from 2004 to 2011.
In the news
Fuller arrested, charged with domestic violence
On August 9, 2014, Judge Fuller was arrested and charged with domestic violence. Police arrived at the Ritz Carlton on 181 Peachtree Street in response to a call. Officers questioned the victim who stated she had been assaulted by Fuller, her husband. Officers also noted the victim had sustained injuries.
Fuller was charged with misdemeanor battery and spent the night in jail. He appeared before Chief Magistrate Stephanie C. Davis and was released on a $5,000 signature bond. His next hearing, on probable cause, is scheduled for September 5, 2014.
This is not the first time Fuller has been accused of domestic violence. Fuller's previous divorce records contained his wife's initial complaint, accusing Fuller of domestic violence, drug abuse, and engaging in extramarital affairs.
- Mark Fuller Biography from the Federal Judicial Center
- THOMAS, "Mark Fuller USDC, MDAL confirmation:PN2062-107"
- Decaturish.com, "Judge arrested in ATL on domestic violence charges," August 10, 2014
- CNN.com, "Federal judge spends night in jail after alleged domestic dispute," August 11, 2014
- Associate Press via AL.com, "Alabama judge who presided over Siegelman, Scrushy trials entering treatment after domestic violence arrest," August 20, 2014
- Reporters Committee for Freedom of the Press, "Montgomery circuit court seals file in U.S. district judge's divorce proceedings," May 29, 2012
|Federal judicial offices|
|Middle District of Alabama
Terry F. Moorer • Susan Walker • Charles Coody • Wallace Capel, Jr. •
|Former Article III judges||
|Former Chief judges|