Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Current Court Information:|
|Michigan Nineteenth Judicial District Court|
|Candidate for:||3rd Circuit Court|
|Election information 2012:|
|Primary date:||August 7, 2012|
Somers ran for judge on the 3rd Circuit Court. He was one of eleven judicial candidates competing for three positions in the primary election on August 7, 2012. He was defeated in the primary, receiving 6.04% of the vote. 
- See also: Michigan judicial elections, 2012
Bar association ratings
The Detroit Metropolitan Bar Association rated candidates running for judicial office in 2012. Candidates were given one of five ratings: Outstanding, Well Qualified, Qualified, Not Qualified or No Rating.
Somers was rated as Not Qualified.
There was some criticism about this year's candidate ratings. In response, Judge Somers said:
|“||I think I've been unfairly maligned in the litigation and the interviewers asked me about it.||”|
- City of Dearborn website, Judge Mark W. Somers biography
- The News-Herald, "DEARBORN: District Judge Mark Somers to run for circuit court," January 11, 2012
- ↑ 19th District
- ↑ Wayne County, 2012 Judicial Primary Results
- ↑ Michigan Department of State, 2012 Unofficial Michigan Primary Candidate Listing
- ↑ Detroit Metropolitan Bar Association, Judicial Candidate Evaluation Committee
- ↑ Detroit Free Press, "Wayne County judicial races: Low marks for candidates stir up debate," July 27, 2012