Mary Jane Bowes
|Mary Jane Bowes|
|Current Court Information:|
|Pennsylvania Superior Court|
|Bachelors:||Georgetown University, 1976|
|Law School:||University of Pittsburgh School of Law, 1979|
|Candidate for:||Pennsylvania Superior Court|
|Election information 2011:|
|Election date:||November 8, 2011|
Mary Jane Bowes is a judge on the Pennsylvania Superior Court. She was elected to a ten-year term on the court in November 2001 (effective the following January) and her term will expire in December of 2021.
- Judicial Law Clerk to Chief Justice Henry X. O’Brien of the Supreme Court of Pennsylvania
- Law clerk to Judges Harry Montgomery and John P. Hester of the Superior Court of Pennsylvania.
- Private practice in law from 1986-1998.
- Membership in the Academy of Trial Lawyers of Allegheny County.
- Membership in the Allegheny County Bar Association, including its Professional Ethics and Appellate Practice committees.
- Membership, Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Co-Chair of the Appellate Advocacy Committee of the Pennsylvania Bar Association.
- Member, National Association of Women Judges
- Co-president, Women’s Bar Association of Western Pennsylvania.
- See also: Pennsylvania judicial elections, 2011
- Recommended for Retention, Pennsylvania Bar Association 
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Biography of Mary Jane Bowes from the Superior Court website
- ↑ Biography of Judge Bowes from the Pennsylvania Courts website
- ↑ York County Board of Elections, Official Ballot for General election
- ↑ Pennsylvania Department of State, Unofficial Elections Returns
- ↑ Pennsylvania for Modern Courts, "Pennsylvania Bar Association Releases Ratings for Retention Elections," September 30, 2011