Maryland Governor makes Christmas judicial appointments
- Robert N. McDonald is the Chief Counsel of Opinions and Advice for the Attorney General's Office. He was appointed to replace the retired Judge Joseph F. Murphy on the Court of Appeals, 2nd Appellate Circuit (Baltimore and Harford Counties).
- Hon. Stuart R. Berger, of the 8th Circuit Court (Baltimore City), was elevated to the Court of Special Appeals to replace Judge Ellen Hollander.
- Hon. Nancy M. Purpura, of the 8th District Court, was elevated to the 3rd Circuit Court (Baltimore County) to replace Thomas J. Bollinger.
- Justin James King is the Deputy Chief of Litigation and the Chief of the Baltimore City Central Bureau of Investigation. He also runs a part-time, solo law practice. He was appointed to the 3rd Circuit Court (Baltimore County) to replace Robert N. Dugan.
- William Rogers Nicklas, Jr. has worked as a partner at a boutique law firm in Frederick County for 32 years. He was appointed to the 6th Circuit Court (Frederick County).
- Melba Elizabeth "Beth" Bowen has worked in the Harford County State's Attorney's Office as a prosecutor for 29 years. She was appointed to the 3rd Circuit Court (Harford County).
- Master William Vincent Tucker has worked as a Master in Chancery for the Howard County 5th Circuit Court since 2004. He was appointed to serve as a judge of that court.
- Anne Korbel Albright has served as a managing member and co-founder of the law firm of Albright and Rhodes, LLC since 1996. She was appointed to the 6th Circuit Court (Montgomery County) to replace Durke G. Thompson.
- Gary Eugene Bair is a private practice lawyer and former Assistant Attorney General. He was appointed to the 6th Circuit Court (Montgomery County) to replace Thomas L. Craven.
- David Wylie Densford, who has worked as a trial litigator in St. Mary's County for 27 years, was appointed to the 7th Circuit Court (St. Mary's County).