Maureen McCabe Murphy
|Maureen McCabe Murphy|
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Current Court Information:|
|Middlesex District Superior Court, Connecticut|
|Appointed by:||Dan Malloy|
|Preceded by:||Elaine Gordon|
|Bachelors:||St. Mary's College|
|Law School:||Quinnipiac University School of Law, 1986; New York University School of Law, 1990 (Master's)|
|Grad. School:||Southern Connecticut State University|
Maureen McCabe Murphy is a judge for the Middlesex District Superior Court in Connecticut. She was appointed to the Superior Court by Gov. Dan Malloy on January 19, 2012. She was confirmed by the Senate in February 2012. 
Murphy received her B.A. degree from St. Mary's College and her master's degree from Southern Connecticut State University. She went on to earn her law degree from Quinnipiac University School of Law in 1986 and her Master of Laws from New York University School of Law in 1990.
Murphy is a partner with the New Haven firm of Murphy, Murphy & Nugent. She previously worked as an adjunct professor at the University Connecticut and an associate with Greenfield & Murphy.
- News: Three men, three women nominated to Connecticut Superior Court, January 23, 2012
- State of Connecticut Judicial Branch
- The Connecticut Law Tribune, "Advocates Seek to Boost Number of Female Judges in Connecticut," August 24, 2012
- ↑ Hartford Courant, "Gov. Malloy Nominates 6 to the Bench", January 19, 2012
- ↑ Senate Resolution Confirming the Nomination of Maureen McCabe Murphy, Esquire, of Middletown to be Judge of the Superior Court, February 2012
- ↑ The CT Mirror, "A judicial confirmation hearing goes off script", February 22, 2012
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Hartford Business.com, "Malloy nominates six for CT judgeships", January 19, 2012