Melissa Moore Stens
|Melissa Moore Stens|
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Current Court Information:|
|Flagler County Court, Florida|
|Preceded by:||Sharon B. Atack|
|Past position:||Partner/attorney, Williams & Moore, PA|
|Undergraduate:||Florida Atlantic University, 1994|
|Law School:||University of Florida College of Law, 1998|
|Candidate for:||Flagler County Court|
|Election information 2012:|
|Primary date:||August 14, 2012|
|Election date:||November 6, 2012|
D. Melissa Moore Stens is a judge of the Flagler County Court in Florida. She was elected to this position on Nov. 6, 2012 (effective the following January) to replace retiring Judge Sharon B. Atack. Her current term expires on January 8, 2019.
Stens began her career as an Assistant State Attorney. She worked as a partner of Williams & Moore, PA from 2001 until her judicial election in 2012.
Stens was elected to the Flagler County Court on Nov. 6, 2012, defeating Craig Atack with 51.1% of the vote. She previously received 22.9% of the vote in the seven-way primary race on August 14, 2012.
- See also: Florida judicial elections, 2012
- Facebook: Elect Melissa Moore Stens For Flagler County Judge
- The Florida Bar, Judicial Candidate Voluntary Self-Disclosure Statement: D. Melissa Moore Stens
- FlaglerLive.com, "At Investiture of County Judge Melissa Moore Stens, A Few Tears, Some Advice and Pride," February 16, 2012
- The Daytona Beach News-Journal, "Candidates lining up for shot at Flagler County judge's seat", January 24, 2012
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Flagler County Supervisor of Elections: Official Results - 2012 General Election
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Melissa Moore Stens campaign website: Biography
- ↑ Flagler County Supervisor of Elections: 2012 Primary Election Results Scroll to p.2
- ↑ Flagler County Elections Office: 2012 Candidates
- ↑ Florida judicial elections, 2012 - County Court