Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Current Court Information:|
|3rd Circuit Court, Michigan|
|Active:||1991 - 1/1/2015|
|Past position:||Assistant prosecuting attorney, Wayne County|
|Past term:||1987 - 1990|
|Undergraduate:||Sacred Heart Seminary, 1965|
|Law School:||Wayne State University Law School, 1975|
|Grad. School:||Catholic University of Louvain, 1969|
Michael James Callahan is a judge of the 3rd Circuit Court in Wayne County, Michigan. He was elected to the bench in 1990 and took office in January of the following year. He was re-elected in 1996, 2002 and 2008. His current six-year term ends on January 1, 2015.
Callahan received his B.A. degree from Sacred Heart Seminary in 1965, his M.A. degree from the Catholic University of Louvain in 1969 and his J.D. degree from Wayne State University Law School in 1975. He also studied canon law at the Catholic University of America, where he received his J.C.L. in 1979.
- 1991-Present: Judge, 3rd Circuit Court
- 1987-1990: Assistant prosecuting attorney, Wayne County
- 1981-1987: Sole practitioner, specializing in criminal defense and employment
- 1979-1981: Assistant prosecuting attorney, St. Clair County
- Callahan is a former Catholic priest
- Detroit Metropolitan Bar Association, "Honorable Michael James Callahan" (dead link)
- The Detroit News, "Michigan high court rules race can't be considered in jury pick," June 29, 2010 (Scroll to end of page 2)
- Michigan.gov, "1996 Election Results"
- Michigan Board of Elections, "2002 Election Results - 3rd Circuit Court Incumbents"
- Michigan Board of Elections, "2008 Election Results - 3rd Circuit Court Incumbents"
- Michigan Courts, "3rd Circuit"
- List of Michigan Circuit Courts