Michael F. Andrews
|Michael F. Andrews|
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Current Court Information:|
|Florida Sixth Circuit Court|
|Active:||5/2003 - 1/2/2017|
|Past position:||County Court Judge|
|Past term:||7/1997 - 5/2003|
|Undergraduate:||Florida State University, 1987|
|Law School:||Florida State University College of Law, 1991|
Andrews received his A.A. degree from Florida State University in 1985 and his B.S. degree (in political science) from the same university in 1987. In 1991, he earned his J.D. degree from the FSU College of Law. Prior to his legal career, he spent one year as a History/Social Studies teacher in Dade County.
Andrews began his career as an assistant state attorney. He worked in that capacity for six and a half years before joining the County Court in July of 1997. He then became a circuit court judge in May of 2003.
- Main article: Florida judicial elections, 2010
- Florida 6th Circuit: Judges' Phone Numbers
- Florida Division of Elections: 2010 Candidate Listing
- St. Petersburg Times: TampaBay.com, "Bar honors judge with award," January 9 2008
- Florida Sixth Judicial Circuit, "Circuit Judge Michael Andrews Is Recipient Of State’s Distinguished Judicial Service Award"
- Florida Bar, Judicial Candidate Voluntary Self-Disclosure Statement: Michael F. Andrews
- Florida Election Watch, Contest Details: Circuit 6, Group 29
- Florida Division of Elections: FAQs Scroll to "5. How are judges elected in Florida and what are their terms?"
- Tampa Bay Online, "Courtroom conduct keys judicial election," July 30, 2010 (dead link)