Michael J. Nelson
|Michael J. Nelson|
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Current Court Information:|
|New Jersey Vicinage 5|
|Position:||Superior Court, Civil Division|
|Past position:||Deputy Surrogate, Essex County, New Jersey|
|Undergraduate:||Fordham University, 1978|
|Law School:||Seton Hall University School of Law, 1981|
Michael J. Nelson is a judge on the Vicinage 5 Superior Court in New Jersey. Nelson was appointed to the court in 1995 and obtained tenured status in 2002. He will serve on the bench until he reaches 70 years of age in 2026.
- 1995-2026: Judge, New Jersey Vicinage 5
- 1990-1995: Deputy Surrogate, Essex County, New Jersey
- 1987-1990: In-house Counsel, IBM Corporation
- 1985-1987: Newark Municipal Court Administrator
- 1982-1985: Attorney, Newark Corporation Counsel
- 1981-1982: Assistant District Attorney, Bronx County, New York