Michael L. Rankin
|Michael L. Rankin|
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Current Court Information:|
|Superior Court of the District of Columbia|
|Appointed by:||Ronald Reagan|
|Past post:||Deputy Chief, Felony Trial Division, United States Attorney's Office|
|Law School:||Howard University School of Law|
|Military service:||US Army|
After earning his law degree, Rankin joined the U.S. Army, serving in the JAG Corps in Vietnam.
- 1986-Present: Judge, Superior Court of the District of Columbia
- 1984-1986: Deputy Chief, Felony Trial Division, United States Attorney's Office
- 1981: Special Assistant, United States Attorney in the District of the Virgin Islands
- 1980-1984: Assistant United States Attorney, United States Attorney for the District of Columbia
- 1978-1980: Attorney, private practice
- 1976-1978: Assistant Federal Public Defender, District of the Virgin Islands
- 1972-1976: Public Defender Service of the District of Columbia
- Attorney and advisor, Office of Economic Opportunity, Office of the General Counsel
- District of Columbia Courts, Superior Court: Michael L. Rankin biography
- Official website of the Superior Court of D.C.