Michael P. Hatty
|Michael P. Hatty|
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Current Court Information:|
|44th Circuit Court, Michigan|
|Appointed by:||Gov. Jennifer Granholm|
|Preceded by:||Stanley Latreille|
|Past post:||Attorney, private practice|
|Bachelors:||Western Michigan University|
|Law School:||Thomas M. Cooley Law School|
|Candidate for:||44th Circuit Court|
|Election information 2012:|
Michael P. Hatty is a judge for the 44th Circuit Court in Livingston County, Michigan. He was appointed to this position by then-Governor Granholm on May 27, 2009 to replace retired Judge Stanley Latreille. He was re-elected on November 2, 2010 to a partial term and his current term expires on January 1, 2019.
Hatty received his bachelor's degree from Western Michigan University and his law degree from the Thomas M. Cooley Law School.
Hatty began his career in 1980 as a private practice lawyer in East Lansing, MI. He then moved to Brighton and continued to serve in the private practice until he was appointed to the Circuit Court in 2009. He has also worked as an attorney for the Town of Deerfield and as an instructor at Cleary College.
- Main article: Michigan judicial elections, 2010
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Michigan.gov: Former Governors, "Governor Granholm Announces Appointment of Michael Hatty to the 44th Judicial Circuit Court", May 27, 2009
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Michigan 2010 Election Results: 44th Circuit partial term
- ↑ MLive.com: Ann Arbor News, "Gov. Granholm names new Livingston County 44th Circuit Court judge", May 27, 2009
- ↑ Michigan Department of State, Unofficial 2012 General Election Results: 44th Circuit Court
- ↑ Michigan Department of State, 2012 Unofficial Michigan Primary Candidate Listing