|Michael E. Vigil|
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Current Court Information:|
|New Mexico Court of Appeals|
|Appointed by:||Gov. Bill Richardson|
|Past post:||Attorney, private practice|
|Undergraduate:||College of Santa Fe, 1973|
|Law School:||Georgetown University Law Center, 1976|
|Candidate for:||New Mexico Court of Appeals|
|Election information 2012:|
|Election date:||November 6, 2012|
Michael E. Vigil is a judge on the New Mexico Court of Appeals. He was appointed to this position by Governor Richardson and was sworn in on March 7, 2003. He was elected in 2004. His current term ends on January 1, 2019.
Judge Vigil graduated from the College of Santa Fe in 1973 with a political science major and a history minor. He went on to receive his law degree from the Georgetown University Law Center in 1976.
Judge Vigil began his legal career in 1976 as a staff attorney for the New Mexico Court of Appeals. He became a private practice lawyer in 1979, with an emphasis on personal injury and medical malpractice. He was an active lawyer until his appointment to the Court of Appeals.
- See also: New Mexico judicial elections, 2012
- ABQ Journal, "Judge Retires; Hits Jackpot," October 4, 2012
- New Mexico Court of Appeals website
- Michael Vigil biography, New Mexico Appellate Division website
- Alibi.com, "New Mexico Court of Appeals," 2004
- Judge Vigil biography
- 2004 New Mexico election results (dead link) Scroll to page 1
- New Mexico Court of Appeals
- ABQ Journal, "Martinez Picks in District, Appeals Benches Losing," November 7, 2012
- of Appeals New Mexico Secretary of State: 2012 General Election Candidates
- New Mexico Secretary of State - 2012 Official General Election Results
|Former||Richard Bosson • Celia Castillo • Robert Robles •|