|Current Court Information:|
|Nevada Eighth Judicial District Court|
|Past position:||Attorney in private practice|
|Undergraduate:||University of Nevada, Las Vegas, 1979|
|Law School:||California Western School of Law, 1982|
|Candidate for:||Eighth District Court|
|Election information 2014:|
Michael Villani is the judge for Department 17 of the Eighth Judicial District Court in Nevada. He has served as a judge for the court since 2007 and was most recently re-elected unopposed in 2014. His current term expires in January 2021.
- See also: Nevada judicial elections, 2014
| Villani ran for re-election to the Eighth Judicial District Court.
Primary: He was elected without opposition in the primary on June 10, 2014.
Before he joined the Eighth Judicial District Court, Villani worked as an attorney in private practice, specializing in criminal defense, personal injury, and insurance law. He also previously served as a deputy district attorney, as a justice of the peace pro tem, as a small claims court judge, and as an alternate municipal court judge.
2013 judicial performance evaluation
In 2013, the Las Vegas Review-Journal sponsored a survey of 902 lawyers who rated Nevada Supreme Court justices and judges located in Clark County. 77% of respondents voted in favor of keeping Villani on the bench. The average vote in favor of retention for all 88 judges evaluated was 71%.
- Clark County Courts, "Michael P. Villani Biography"
- Clark County Courts, "Eighth Judicial District Court judges"
- Clark County Courts, "Judge Michael P. Villani," accessed October 12, 2014
- Clark County Courts, "Michael P. Villani Biography," accessed October 12, 2014
- Clark County Nevada, "Election: Candidate Filing in Clark County," accessed February 13, 2014 Select "Election Year: 2014"
- Silver State Election Night Results, "2014 Primary Election Results - Judicial," accessed June 11, 2014
- Las Vegas Review Journal, "2013 Judicial Performance Evaluation," accessed September 23, 2014