Nancy M. Purpura
|Nancy M. Purpura|
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Current Court Information:|
|Maryland Third Circuit|
|Appointed by:||Gov. Martin O'Malley|
|Past post:||Maryland 8th District Judge|
|Bachelors:||Towson State University, 1983|
|Law School:||University of Maryland School of Law, 1984|
|Candidate for:||Third Circuit|
|Election information 2012:|
|Election date:||November 6, 2012|
Nancy M. Purpura is a judge of the 3rd Circuit Court in Baltimore County, Maryland. She was appointed to this position by Gov. Martin O'Malley on December 22, 2011 to replace Thomas J. Bollinger, and was elected to a full term in November 2012. Her current term expires in 2027.
Awards and associations
- Death Penalty Defense Award, Office of Public Defender, 1997.
- Admitted to Maryland Bar, 1985.
- Member, Maryland State Bar Association
- Maryland Criminal Defense Attorneys Association
- Member, Mental Health, Alcoholism and Addiction Committee
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Council of Parent Advocates and Attorneys
- Adjunct faculty, University of Baltimore School of Law. 
- See also: Maryland judicial elections, 2012
- News: Maryland Governor makes Christmas judicial appointments, December 28, 2011
- ↑ Office of the Governor, "Governor O’Malley Appoints Judges to the Court of Appeals, Court of Special Appeals, Circuit Courts", December 22, 2011
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 Maryland Government Manual Bio, Nancy M. Purpura
- ↑ Maryland District Court Judges
- ↑ Maryland State Board of Elections, State Candidates List, Judge of the Circuit Court
- ↑ Maryland State Board of Elections, "Unofficial 2012 Presidential General Election Results," accessed November 7, 2012
- ↑ Maryland State Board of Elections, "Official 2012 Presidential General Election Results," accessed December 1, 2012