New rules for Pennsylvania courts
- Municipal judges will no longer be able to delay hearings when all parties are present and ready to go.
- Judges would be required to hold preliminary hearings even when defendants do not show up (in order to crack down on fugitives).
- Prosecutors will have more time to prepare for and schedule preliminary hearings.
- There will be rules to limit the ability of defense lawyers to delay hearings.
- Other behavioral requirements for defense lawyers and judges are also included.