Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Current Court Information:|
|United States Court of International Trade|
|Appointed by:||Ronald Reagan|
|Preceded by:||Nils Boe|
|Hometown:||New York, New York|
|Undergraduate:||Kent State University, 1949|
|Law School:||New York Law School, 1951|
|Military service:||U.S. Navy 1944-1946, 1951-1952|
Nicolas Tsoucalas is a senior Article III federal judge for the United States Court of International Trade. He was nominated by President Ronald Reagan on September 11, 1985, and confirmed on June 6, 1986. Tsoucalas assumed senior status on September 30, 1996.
Tsoucalas served in the United States Navy from 1944 to 1946 and 1951 to 1952.
- 1982-1986: Judge, New York City Criminal Courts
- 1975-1982: Acting Justice, Supreme Court of the State of New York, Kings and Queens Counties
- 1968-1975: Judge, New York City Criminal Courts
- 1959-1968: Attorney, Private Practice, New York, New York
- 1959-1960: Supervisor, U.S. Bureau of the Census
- 1955-1959: Assistant U.S. Attorney, Southern District of New York
- 1953-1955: Attorney, Private Practice, New York, New York
Court of International Trade
Tsoucalas was nominated to the United States Court of International Trade by President Ronald Reagan on September 11, 1985. The seat was vacated by Judge Nils Boe. He was confirmed by the Senate on June 6, 1986, and received his on June 9, 1986. He assumed senior status on September 30, 1996.
|Former Article III judges||
Evan Wallach • Dominick DiCarlo • Nils Boe • Morgan Ford • Frederick Landis • Herbert Maletz • Bernard Newman • Paul Rao • Edward Re • Scovel Richardson • Samuel Rosenstein • James Watson •
|Former Chief judges|