|Current Court Information:|
|California Second District Court of Appeal|
|Appointed by:||Gov. George Deukmejian|
|Past post:||Superior Court of Los Angeles County Judge|
|Law School:||UCLA, 1958|
Norman L. Epstein is the Presiding Justice of Division Four of the Second District Court of Appeal in California. He was appointed to this court by then-Governor Deukmejian, taking his oath of office on April 12, 1990. He was retained by voters on the November 7, 2006 and the January 8, 2007 elections. He was appointed Presiding Justice by Governor Schwarzenegger on September 17, 2004. His current term expires on January 7, 2019.
Justice Epstein began as the Deputy Attorney General in 1959. He worked as the chief counsel for California State University from 1962 until 1975, when he was appointed to the Los Angeles Municipal Court by Governor Reagan. Governor Brown appointed him to the Superior Court in 1980. He has also served as a member of the California Judicial Council and the California Judges Association.
- California Courts of Appeal website
- Profile from the Appellate Counselor website
- Metropolitan News-Enterprise "Presiding Justice Norman Epstein Engaged to Be Married", February 2, 2010
- ↑ Office of the Governor: Press Release, "Governor Schwarzenegger Appoints Hon. Norman Epstein Presiding Justice of the Second District Court of Appeal, Division Four," September 17, 2004
- ↑ California Secretary of State: Justices of the California Courts of Appeal Scroll to page 5
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Norman Epstein biography
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Profile from the Appellate Counselor website