Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Current Court Information:|
|Florida Sixth Circuit Court|
|Active:||1/2007 - 1/2019|
|Past term:||1995 - 2006|
|Law School:||University of Florida Law School|
|Candidate for:||Sixth Circuit Court|
|Election information 2012:|
|Primary date:||August 14, 2012|
Siracusa graduated from the University of Florida Law School in 1993. He later taught as an adjunct instructor at St. Petersburg College.
Siracusa worked as a prosecutor for 11 years prior to his election to the circuit court in 2006.
- See also: Florida judicial elections, 2012
Retired police officer denied bail for shooting, killing man in movie theater
In January 2014, Curtis Reeves, a retired Tampa police officer, was accused of shooting and killing Chad Oulson in a movie theater. The altercation, according to the sheriff's reports, started when Reeves had asked Oulson to stop texting in the theater. A detective's report stated that Reeves also informed management and, when he came back to his seat, spoke with Oulson again. Oulson then threw a bag of popcorn at Reeves. Reeves said that he was hit in the face by Oulson with an unknown object and "was in fear of being attacked." That's when he pulled out his .380 caliber gun and shot Oulson in the chest. Oulson's wife's hand was also wounded by the bullet. The case was initially heard by Lynn Tepper, but it was then sent to Judge Pat Siracusa, who denied Reeves bail.
- Florida Department of State, Division of Elections, "September 5, 2006 Primary Election Results, Circuit Judge"
- Pinellas County Supervisor of Elections, "Judge of the Circuit Court Group 32"
- Judicial selection in Florida
- St. Petersburg Times, "3 seek tainted judge's seat," August 23, 2006
- Florida Division of Elections, "2012 Candidate Listing"
- Miami Herald, "Texting argument in Tampa-area movie theater leaves 1 dead, 1 wounded," January 13, 2014
- Tampa Bay Times, "State responds to Curtis Reeves' appeal of bail denial," May 13, 2014