|Current Court Information:|
|Minnesota Supreme Court|
|Succeeded by:||David Lillehaug|
|Past position:||Minnesota Court of Appeals|
|Bachelors:||Macalester College, 1965|
|Law School:||University of Minnesota, 1968|
Paul H. Anderson is an Associate Justice on the Minnesota Supreme Court. He has served in this capacity since July 1, 1994, and successfully won re-election in 2008 to a term that ends in early 2015. He announced his intention to retire January 4, 2013, and will formally leave the court in May 2013 when he reaches the age of mandatory retirement (70).
Prior to joining the supreme court, Anderson served as chief judge of the Minnesota Court of Appeals, from September 1992 to June 30, 1994. He was an Associate and Partner with the firm LeVander, Gillen & Miller Law Offices, in South St. Paul from 1971 to 1992; he specialized in real estate, estate planning, probate, business law, and construction litigation. Anderson was a Special Assistant Attorney General, Criminal Division and Department of Public Safety, Office of Minnesota Attorney General from 1970 to 1971. He was also a VISTA (Volunteers In Service to America) attorney from 1968 to 1969, and served as a neighborhood attorney for New Haven Legal Assistance, New Haven, CT.
Associations and activities
- Dakota County Bar Association; board member and president
- Independent School District #199: board member & chairman of board
- Community Services Advisory Committee, Independent School District #199, member and chairman
- 1982-1984 Independent School District #199 PER Committees
- Deacon and Ruling Elder, House of Hope Presbyterian Church, St. Paul
- Board member and Executive Committee member, South St. Paul/Inver Grove Heights Chamber of Commerce
- 1991-1992 Member and chair of Minnesota Commission on Judicial Selection
- Member, National Advisory Council of the American Judicature Society 
Justice Anderson comments on Chief Justice Magnuson's resignation and state of Minnesota Supreme Court.
- In the November 4, 2008 general election Paul Anderson garnered 1,260,705 votes (61%), defeating Tim Tingelstad, who had only 818,812 (39%).
- News: Minnesota Supreme Court judges recuse themselves from cases involving U. of Minnesota, April 30, 2012
- ↑ Minnesota Courts, "Associate Justice Paul H. Anderson to Retire from Minnesota Supreme Court," January 4, 2013
- ↑ CT Post, "Dayton appoints Lillehaug to Minn. Supreme Court", March 26, 2013
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Profile of Paul Anderson
- ↑ National Advisory Council Members, American Judicature Society
- ↑ Star Tribune, "Minnesota Supreme Court and Appeals Court"
|Former||Russell Anderson • Helen Meyer • Eric Magnuson • Sam Hanson • Edward Stringer • Esther Tomljanovich • Sandy Keith • Kathleen Blatz •|