Peter J. Maassen
|Peter Jon Maassen|
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Current Court Information:|
|Alaska Supreme Court|
|Appointed by:||Gov. Sean Parnell|
|Preceded by:||Morgan Christen|
|Past post:||Partner, Ingaldson, Maassen & Fitzgerald, P.C.|
|Past post 2:||Partner, Burr, Pease & Kurtz, P.C.|
|Past term 2:||1990-1994|
|Bachelors:||Hope College, 1977|
|Law School:||University of Michigan Law School, 1980|
Peter Jon Maassen is the Alaska Supreme Court’s 22nd justice. He was appointed by Governor Sean Parnell on August 9, 2012, after Justice Morgan Christen left to take a spot on the Ninth Circuit.  Maassen will be up for his first retention in 2016.
- 2012-Present: Justice, Alaska Supreme Court
- 1994-2012: Partner, Ingaldson, Maassen & Fitzgerald, P.C.
- 1990-1994: Partner, Burr, Pease & Kurtz, P.C.
- 1988-1989: Associate, Bishop, Cook, Purcell & Reynolds, LLC (now part of Winston & Strawn)
- 1981-1987: Associate, Burr, Pease & Kurtz, P.C.
- 1980: Law clerk, Burr, Pease & Kurtz, P.C.
- 1979: Law clerk, Maun, Green, Hayes, Simon, Murray & Johannesen
Awards and associations
- 2006 Board of Governors Professionalism Award, Alaska Bar Association
- Alaska Bar Association
- -President-Elect, 2012-Present
- -Treasurer, 2011-2012
- Alaska Bar Rag
- -Editor in Chief, 1994-2000
- Anchorage Youth Court
- -Co-Chair, 2011-Present
- -Secretary, 2009-2011
- American Bar Association
- -Fellow, American Bar Foundation, 2011-Present
- ABA Survey of Class Action law
- -Alaska Editor, 2003 and 2004 
- Peter J. Maassen's Biographical Statement
- Office of the Alaska Governor, Press Release: "Governor Names Maassen to Supreme Court," August 9, 2012
- ↑ KTUU, "Peter Maassen Appointed to Alaska Supreme Court", August 9, 2012
- ↑ Press Release, "Alaska Supreme Court Vacancy," June 25, 2012
- ↑ Office of the Alaska Governor, Press Release: "Governor Names Maassen to Supreme Court," August 9, 2012
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 Alaska Court Records - Peter J. Maassen
- ↑ Martindale.com, "Lawyer Profile: Peter J. Maassen"
- ↑ Alaska Judicial council, "Peter J. Maassen: Application for Judicial Appointment," January 25, 2012