Richard D. Rogers
|Richard D. Rogers|
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Current Court Information:|
|United States District Court for the District of Kansas|
|Appointed by:||Gerald Ford|
|Preceded by:||Henry Templar|
|Succeeded by:||George VanBebber|
|Undergraduate:||Kansas State University, 1943|
|Law School:||University of Kansas Law, 1947|
Richard Dean Rogers is a federal judge for the United States District Court for the District of Kansas. He joined the court in 1975 after being nominated by President Gerald Ford. Rogers is a judge serving on senior status.
Early life and education
From 1943 to 1945, Rogers served in the Army-Air Force as a member of the Bombardier squadron during the Korean War.
- 1975: President, Kansas State Senate
- 1968-1976: Member, Kansas State Senate
- 1964-1968: Member, Kansas House of Representatives
- 1959-1965: City commissioner, City of Manhattan
- 1964: Interim Mayor of Manhattan, Kansas
- 1960-1975: General counsel, Kansas Farm Bureau and Service Companies
- 1954-1958: Part-time county attorney, Riley County, Kansas
- 1952: Interim Mayor of Manhattan, Kansas
- 1950-1952: City commissioner, City of Manhattan
- 1948-1952: Faculty member, Kansas State University
- 1947-1975: Attorney in private practice
District of Kansas
On the recommendation of U.S. Senator Bob Dole, Rogers was nominated by President Gerald Ford on July 15, 1975, as Judge H. George Templar vacated the seat by assuming senior status. Rogers was confirmed by the U.S. Senate on July 31, 1975, and received commission on August 5, 1975. Rogers later assumed senior status on January 1, 1989.
|Federal judicial offices|
|District of Kansas
|Magistrate judges||David Waxse • Gary Sebelius • Gerald Rushfelt • James O'Hara • Karen Humphreys • Kenneth Gale • Teresa J. James •|
|Former Article III judges||
Wesley Brown • Mark W. Delahay • Archibald Williams • Cassius Gaius Foster • William Cather Hook • John Calvin Pollock • George Thomas McDermott • Richard Joseph Hopkins • Guy Helvering • Delmas Hill • Patrick Kelly • Arthur Mellott • Earl O'Connor • Dale Saffels • Arthur Stanley • Henry Templar • Frank Theis • George VanBebber •
|Former Chief judges|
Ackerman • Anderson • Aronovitz • Broderick • Callister • Cohill • Copenhaver • Crowley • Davis • Fay • Goettel • Guy • Haight • Hall • Hill • Ingram • Manos • Munson • Poole • Pratt • Richey • Schwartz • Schwarzer • Sear • Sterling • Takasugi • Waters • Williams •Wood