Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Current Court Information:|
|United States Court of International Trade|
|Appointed by:||Bill Clinton|
|Preceded by:||Kenton Musgrave|
|Undergraduate:||Ithaca College, 1970|
|Law School:||Union University Law, 1974|
Richard Eaton is a Article III federal judge on senior status for the United States Court of International Trade. He joined the court in 1999 after being nominated by President Bill Clinton. Eaton took senior status on August 22, 2014.
- 1993-2000: Attorney, private practice, Washington D.C.
- 1991-1993: Chief of staff, United States Senator Daniel Patrick Moynihan, New York
- 1983-1991: Attorney, private practice, New York City
- 1977-1983: Regional director, then legislative director, then chief of staff, United States Senator Daniel Patrick Moynihan, New York
- 1975-1977: Attorney, private practice, Walton, New York
- 1974-1975: Attorney, private practice, Cooperstown, New York
Court of International Trade
Eaton was nominated by President Bill Clinton on August 3, 1999, to a seat vacated by Judge Kenton Musgrave as Musgrave assumed senior status. Eaton was confirmed by the United States Senate on October 22, 1999, on a majority voice vote and received commission on October 26, 1999.
|Former Article III judges||Evan Wallach • Dominick DiCarlo • Nils Boe • Morgan Ford • Frederick Landis • Herbert Maletz • Bernard Newman • Paul Rao • Edward Re • Scovel Richardson • Samuel Rosenstein • James Watson •|
|Former Chief judges|